New Delhi : Already 27% reservation is available for the OBCs in direct recruitment to Central Government jobs and in admission to Central Government educational institutions.
The schemes being implemented by the Government to ensure Social Justice for the OBCs & Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) are:
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBCs.
- Post-Matric Scholarship for OBC students.
- Dr. Ambedkar Scheme of Interest Subsidy on Educational Loan for Overseas Studies for OBCs/EBCs.
- National Fellowship for OBCs.
- Construction of Hostels for OBC Boys and Girls.
- Assistance for Skill Development of OBCs/DNTs/EBCs.
- Launch of Venture Capital Fund for OBCs.
- Low Interest Loan/Finance Assistance Schemes of National Backward Classes Finance & Development Corporation (NBCFDC) for OBCs.
- For the EWS sections, 10% reservation in central government appointments and for admission in the central government educational institutions.
This information was given by the Minister of state for Social Justice and Empowerment Sushri Pratima Bhoumik in the Lok Sabha in a written reply today.