Chennai: Employees of India’s leading commercial vehicle manufacturer, Ashok Leyland, flagship of the Hinduja Group, contributed a sum of INR 41,00,000 [Rupees Forty One Lakhs] to Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund [PM CARES Fund]. The contributions were collectively made by employees of Ashok Leyland and their family, to support the fight against COVID-19 pandemic in the country.
Commenting on the contribution, Mr. Balachandar NV, President – HR, Communications, & CSR, Ashok Leyland, said, “As the nation stands in solidarity to fight the COVID-19 pandemic, we are constantly engaging in various initiatives to support the Government in the best possible way. The contribution by our employees and their families reiterates our commitment in corporate India’s response to COVID-19. Furthermore, we really appreciate the Governments’ effort, both in the Centre and State, which have led the fight from the front.”
Staying true to the brand promise of ‘Aapki Jeet. Hamari Jeet.’, Ashok Leyland has been actively working with the Government at every step and supporting their initiatives, during this testing time. The initiatives are:
• Deployed 10 Ashok Leyland vehicles, along with drivers, for emergency operation for use by the Tamilnadu Health Department
• Provided masks, disposable gloves, liquid handwash, sanitizers and body suits for healthcare personnel of the Government
• Provided health and sanitation workers of the Government with disinfectants, protective chemical guard suit and chemical protection goggles
• Through the Power Solutions Business, the company ensured continuous power supply through gensets at Government hospitals even during the lockdown:
250 KVA genset at Tiruvallur GH Hospital
62.5 KVA genset at Madurai Medical College
250 KVA genset at Chrompet Government Hospital
• Everyday, more than 10,000 meals are provided from the plants’ kitchens, across the country, to police personnel, doctors and healthcare support staff
• Employees and dealerships have been providing food and rations at various locations across the country, especially to stranded truck drivers and migrant labourers
• Breakdown calls have also been attended, round the clock, from truck drivers carrying essential services
As a responsible organization, Ashok Leyland remains committed to support the State and Central Government in overcoming this pandemic and emerge as a strong nation.