New Delhi : As per current pension structure applicable to Armed Forces personnel, following pensionary awards are given:
- Retiring Pension/Service Pension
- Retiring Gratuity/Service Gratuity
- Special Pension/Special Gratuity
- Invalid Pension/Invalid Gratuity
- Retirement Gratuity/Death Gratuity
- Disability Pension/War injury pension
- Ordinary Family pension/Special Family pension/Liberalized Family pension
- Dependent pension/Second life award of special family pension/Liberalized family pension
- Family Gratuity
Pension is calculated at 50% of the last emoluments drawn by the individual. The minimum qualifying service for earning a service pension is 20 years in case of Commissioned Officers and 15 years in case of Personnel Below Officer Rank.
Pension in respect of Armed Forces personnel has increased from time to time on the basis of recommendations of various Central Pay Commissions. In addition, various Government policy letters have been issued from time to time which resulted in increase in pension/family pension.
This information was given by Raksha Rajya Mantri Shri Ajay Bhatt in a written reply to Tiruchi Siva in Rajya Sabha today.