New Delhi : Major initiatives taken by the Aerospace and Aviation Sector Skill Council (AASSC) are as follows:
- Multi-skill Development Centre (MSDC) for Aviation Skilling has been set up at Chandigarh under the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) scheme funded by Airports Authority of India (AAI).
- Aviation Skill Development Center has been set up at Mumbai by LearnNet Skills as training implementation partner for CSR project of AAI.
- Participated in all the editions of the AeroIndia shows held from 2017 till date and in the Defexpo 2019 held in Lucknow for the promotion of aerospace and aviation skilling.
- Launched Centre of Excellence for Aerospace Manufacturing, Assembly and Design in the CSIR-NAL premises, Bengaluru in Jun 2019.
- Conducted interactive discussions on apprenticeship in collaboration with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL).
- Assessed and certified 3589 candidates/ employees of AI-SATS, Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd., (HAL) and Indian Navy for various AASSC Job Roles.
84 training centers have been accredited till date by AASSC. The guidelines for accreditation of Training Centers set by NSDC and AASSC are available at https://smart.nsdcindia.org/user_manuals.aspx
AASSC seeks to make available skilled manpower for the aviation sector. The jobs are created by the industry. Various Qualification Packs National Occupational Standards (QP-NOS) have been developed by AASSC for 72 Job roles for the five sub-sectors of Aerospace & Aviation viz., Airlines, Airports, MRO, Design & Development and Manufacturing & Assembly which are utilised for short-term skilling certification. The details of the Training Centers (TC) and Training Providers (TP) are attached as Annexure 1 and Annexure 2.
This information was given by General (Retd.) Dr.V.K. Singh, Minister of State in the Ministry of Civil Aviation in a written reply to Dr. Vinay P. Sahasrabuddhe in Rajya Sabha today.