Bhubaneswar: Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, on the occasion of Labour Day, today, laid the foundation stone for a Social Equity Centre in the heart of the city, at Kharavel Nagar.
The Social Equity Centre under Project Kutumb is proposed to be developed as a 200-bed rental housing in Unit-3, Kharavel Nagar, Bhubaneswar, as a part of the Smart City project. The project is funded by the State government through the Odisha Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board and comes under the area of the Bhubaneswar Town Centre District.
This integrated project will have rental housing for construction workers of 200 beds along with an Aahar Centre (subsidized cooked meal), Water ATM with RO purified water and other required amenities. Fifty additional beds will be there also for the Urban Homeless.
Key Features of the Unique Project:
a. Site Area: 0.356 Acres
b. Approach: The site has roads on all sides
c. Built Up Area: 37,645 Square feet.
d. No. of Floors: Ground+3
e. Cost: INR 5.40 Crores.
f. Period of Execution: 18 months.
g. Components: Aahar Centre: Dining Hall for 140 persons
Rental Accommodation for Construction Workers – 200 beds
Accommodation for Urban Homeless – 50 beds
The abutting road is 30’ wide connecting to the Sriya Talkies Road. From Janpath the site can be approached by 20’ wide road.
• Segregation of spaces: The segregation of public and private spaces is done horizontally as well as vertically.
• Public space – The Aahar Centre is accommodated in one half of the ground floor. It comprises of a dining hall and water ATM facility with RO purified water, provided near the entrance to make it easily accessible; the dining hall can accommodate 140 people at one time; public toilets are provided near the dining hall. Dining hall and toilets for the public have separate entry and exit.
• Private space – Dormitories are provided at the back and on all other floors with separate entry and provision of security guard.
• Social gathering and community space: community spaces are provided on each floor with terrace area, multi-use halls and play area for children for social gathering and to make the space interactive and lively for people staying in the dormitories.
Separate and secured space for Women. Provision for 12 Family rooms on rental basis.
• Toilets: Sufficient toilets including bathrooms provided as per norms.
• Security: There are two guard rooms provided at the ground floor, one at the dining hall entry-exit and one at the dormitory entry-exit.
• Fire safety: For fire safety two service verticals with external exit are provided for the evacuation at the time of Emergency.
Guests at the Foundation Stone Laying Ceremony by Honourable Chief Minister:
Following guests were present at the venue in Kharvel Nagar attended by the Chief Minister.
Honourable Housing and Urban Development Minister Pushpendra Singh Deo
Honourable Steel and Mining and Labour and Employment Minister Prafulla Kumar Mallik
Honourable Tourism and Culture Minister Ashok Chandra Panda
Honourable Bhubaneswar MP Dr. Prasanna Kumat Patsani
Honourable Chairman Construction Workers Welfare Board Subash Singh
Honourable MLA Bhubaneswar (Central) Bijay Kumar Mohanty
Honourable MLA Bhubaneswar (North) Priyadarshi Mishra
Honourable Mayor Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation Ananta Narayan Jena
Honourable Deputy Mayor Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation K. Shanti
All councilors and officials of the Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation and the Bhubaneswar Smart City Limited.