Graduation Day marks achievement for 179 students at NIFT Bhubaneswar

901
SHARE

 

Bhubaneswar: National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Bhubaneswar one of the premier fashion institution under the Ministry of Textiles, Govt of India, held two its Graduation Ceremony at Bhubaneswar Campus celebrating the accomplishments of as many as 179 graduating students of both UG and PG batches. The first day was the Graduation Day where the students were awarded with their graduation degree and on the second day collection of final designs by the graduating batch of the Department of Fashion Design {BDes (FD)} was showcased in a Fashion Show.
On the Graduation Day Dr. Sanjay Panda, Former Secretary, Textiles, Govt. of India was the Chief Guest of this milestone event along with Mr Upendra Behera, IAS, Additional Chief Secretary, Govt. of Odisha as Guest of Honour along with many industry dignitaries whereas Designer Sabyasachi Satpathy, the celebrated Bollywood designer from Odisha was the Guest of Honour on the occasion of fashion show.
On this milestone occasion the final collection of designs by the students 3 departments- B.Des (Textile Design), B. Des (Lifestyle Accessory Design) and B. Des (Fashion Communication) were displayed along with the presentations by the students of UG BFTech and PG MFM Department. Textile design department presented their range of Home furnishing products such as bed linen, Living room, Kitchen, Table Top collections. The Accessory Design department showcased works in Jewelry, Glass, Metal, Wood, modern Interiors, The department of Fashion Communication showcased their work of Fashion Photography, Videography and Visual Merchandising.
On the occasion of Fashion Show it was spectacular to see the stories of different parts of India presented through the design collections where Professional models as well as students walked the ramp in a 2 hour gala event.
The presentation program was followed by the award ceremony where the students received their degree by the chief guests. Congratulating and encouraging the students on their Success, Dr. Sanjay Panda, Former Secretary, Textiles, Govt. of India P a huge achievement and you should feel proud of your dedication and success in this field.” “It’s a moment of pride for NIFT, Bhubaneswar as well to see such number of Fashion students from across different specializations and graduating from this campus. And I wish you all the best for your future career.” he added. The Guest of the Honour of the evening Mr. Upendra Behera also congratulated all the 179 students on the completion of their graduation from NIFT, Bhubaneswar.
The current graduating batch has a strength of 179 with 37 Fashion Designers, 33 Textile Designers, 30 Accessory Designers, 29 Fashion Communication graduates, 23 Fashion Technology graduates and 27 Masters in Fashion Management. Placements for this year has also been 90% so far with some National and International offers from brands such as Landmark Group (Lifestyle), Epic Group, Must Garments Arvind Lifestyle, Landmark Group (India), Future Group Tridents Industries, Reliance Brands and Retail, Shahi Exports, Decathlon Sports etc.
Professor Sanjay Shrivastava, Director of NIFT Bhubaneswar campus has always emphasized on offering an academic atmosphere where the students of NIFT can excel. And his dream and directions have brought the accolades today when more than 90 percent of the graduating students have been placed already. Dr. Binaya Bhusan Jena, Joint Director, NIFT informed that the rest 10 percent of the students will be placed soon and no one would go from NIFT with an empty hand.
NIFT is a premier institution under the Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India having a unique reputation for imparting fashion education in the country, established at Bhubaneswar in the year 2010. The courses comprise of UG Departments of Design (Fashion Design, Textile Design, Lifestyle Accessory Design, Fashion Communication) and 1 UG Department of Technology (BFTech), and one PG Department of Fashion Management (Master of Fashion Management).

Comments

comments