Kaniha: As part of observing Swachhta Pakhwada” at NTPC Talcher Kaniha from September 15 ,2018 to 02nd October’2018, the power station has undertaken various cleanliness drive for creating awareness cleanliness and hygiene as per details as follow:
1. Mass Swachhta Pledge was administered at Regional Learning Institute on 23rd May’2018 to employees & Vocational Trainees.
2. Organised Swachhta Drives and Cleanliness drives at Nalitaila Village of Takua Panchayat on 15th Sept’2018.
3. Swachhta Drives and Cleanliness drive organised at Bijigol High School of Bijigol Panchayat on 18th Sept’2018.
4. Tree plantation was organised at Bijigol High School of Bijigol Panchayat on 19th Sept’2018.
5. Painting Competitions organised at Bijigol High School of Bijigol Panchayat on 20th Sept’2018.
6. Painting Competitions organised among the housewives and student of project schools at Recreation Centre on 23rd Sept’2018
7. Swachhta Awareness Rallies and Swachhta Bharat drive was organised on 25th September’18 involving School Children at common Market Complex.
8. Street and drain cleaning in nearby village viz. Kaniha, Bijigole, Kamraei and Santribida was organised through NGO.
9. Swacchhta Painting on the common walls along with the Slogan on the theme of Swacchhta undertaken in township
10. Banners highlighting Swacchhta hi Sewa have been displayed at designated locations for promoting Swacchhta message.
11.On the Eve of Swachhata Pakhwada School Bags and Water Bottle are distributed at Dumuduma Nodal U P School under Hariharpur G.P. on 26.09.2018.
In addition to the above activities, the station is in the process of procuring dustbins for distribution among housewives for waste collection. Further proposal for provision of six no.s compost pit in nearby villages was finalized and to be executed soon for waste disposal.
Recently NTPC Talcher Kaniha installed 106 dustbins at prominent locations in and around the station which includes railway stations (Talcher ,Talcher Road & Dhenkanal),school , offices and market etc.