Bhubaneswar : Odisha government announces that with the rising Omicron cases in the state issued a fresh set of Covid-19 guidelines in order to contain the spread of the virus and will remain in force from December 25 to January 2, 2022, here on Friday.
As per the guidelines, Christmas celebrations shall be limited to churches with a maximum of 50 persons joining the mass by strictly following the Covid protocols and in the specific conditions as imposed by district magistrates/ municipal commissioners while permitting such mass, if any.
Similarly, Zero Night, welcome to New Year in hotels, clubs, restaurants, parks, convention halls, kalyan mandaps, etc. is completely banned across the State.
In the new guidelines, clear instructions have been given to the District Collectors, Municipal Commissioners and Commissionerate Police to take all possible measures to enforce the guidelines.
Here are the detailed guidelines:
1. Christmas celebration shall be limited to Churches with a maximum of 50(fifty) persons joining the mass by strictly following COVID protocols and in terms of specific conditions as imposed by District Magistrates/Municipal Commissioners/ Local Authorities while permitting such mass, if any.
2. Zero Night celebration, Welcome to New Year in hotels, clubs, restaurants, parks, convention halls, Kalyan Mandaps, etc. is completely banned across the State.
3. No celebration other than marriage (but not receptions and ancillary functions) is allowed across the State.
4. Funeral rites is allowed with due COVID-19 protocols
5. There shall be strict vigilance on crowding and gathering during the above occasions.
6. No community feast is also allowed.
7. No social gathering, rallies, orchestras, dances and other cultural programmes shall be permitted.