Bhubaneswar: In line with the theme of Make in Odisha Conclave 2018, a video was launched on social media named “Odisha, the ultimate investment destination”by the CM in Mumbai on 08th August.
The video conceptualized and created by Industrial Promotion and Investment Corporation of Odisha (IPICOL) has been appreciated by viewers both within and outside the state. Commenting on the response, Sanjeev Chopra, Principal Secretary, Department of Industries, Government of Odisha said, “The idea behind the video was to creatively portray the key strengths of Odisha as a preferred destination for manufacturing investments. The video builds on the I AM ODISHA campaign by succinctly capturing the economic development of the State over the past two decades. We are happy to note that the video has struck a chord with viewers.”
The video, which runs for a little over 6 minutes, captures thefollowing strategic advantages of investing in Odisha.
• I AM VANTAGE: The vantage location of the State from where 100 cities with population of over 1 million accounting for almost 50% of the world economy can be reached within 6 hours by an airplane has been featured.
• I AM BLESSED: Odisha being the mineral heartland of India with 96% of India’s chrome and 92% of Nickel. The State is also the largest producer of steel, stainless steel and aluminium in India.
• I AM EQUITABLE:Odisha’s able and stable governance under Hon’ble Chief Minister Sri Naveen Patnaik for the past 18 years provides investors with stability and consistency in terms of implementation of policies and facilitation support.
• I AM FOCUSED:Vision 2025 of the State government which aims to attract Rs 2.5 lakh crore of additional investments and create 30 lakh jobs across the 6 focus sectors – Chemicals & Petrochemicals, Ancillary & Downstream, Food Processing, Electronics Manufacturing and Textiles & Apparel and Tourism.
• I AM LINKED: Odisha’s ports are well-connected to all the industrial areas within the State. Paradip Port is the Largest port in India in terms of average output per ship berth day. Dhamra port is the largest private port on the Eastern coast of India in terms of cargo handling capacity.
• I AM READY: Odisha has a range of industrial regions, industrial parks and sector specific clusters. The State has 106 industrial estates and has a GIS-enabled land bank in excess of 1,25,000 acres. The East Coast Economic Corridor passes through the State as well.
• I AM SWIFT: Government of Odisha – Single Window for Investor Facilitation and Tracking (GO-SWIFT) has transformed the Government to Business (G2B) interface through the investment lifecycle. Within a short span of 6 months, the State has received over 300 investment proposals.
• I AM NIMBLE: Odisha has been consistently ranked among top three investment destinations in India. It was also ranked first in investment implementation rate by ASSOCHAM.
• I AM SKILLED: The State organized Odisha Skills 2018, the first-of-its-kind state level skill competition recently. With a vision to skill 670,000 youth by 2019, Skilled-in-Odisha is at the forefront of skill development initiatives in the country. Bhubaneswar is emerging as the knowledge hub of Eastern India. Odisha is the only state with the presence of 7 institutes of national repute: IIT, IIIT, NIT, IIM, AIIMS, IISER and NISER
• I AM COMPETITIVE:Odisha is the most cost-competitive State in India in terms of industrial power tariff, wage rates, land rates and cost of living. This is an important reason for rising investor interest in the state.
• I AM HOSPITABLE: Ranked amongst the 20 top performing smart cities in the world, Bhubaneswar was awarded the Pierre L’Enfant International Planning Award recently. The state capital is also emerging as the Sports Capital of India with the successful conduct of Asian Athletics Meet last year within a short span last year. The preparation for the upcoming Men’s Hockey World Cup in November this year are on in full swing.
• I AM JUGGERNAUT: The video reaches its logical conclusion with the Hon’ble CM’s message to investors to come and join the Juggernaut which symbolizes Odisha’s unstoppable march to progress.
The video can be viewed at the link here:https://goo.gl/Ez4BQb