Bhubaneswar: Govt of Odisha is fully geared up for the Covid19 vaccination with micro level planning. As many as 3.2 lakh Healthcare Workers including 1.4 lakh ICDS functionaries have been identified. Also 8267 vaccinators & 29,276 session sites have been identified to carry out vaccination.
Data base collection of Health Care workers:
• 3.2 Lakh Health Care Workers including 1.4 lakh ICDS functionaries (AWWs, Helpers, Supervisors & CDPOs) have been enrolled from 3898 Health facilities (Govt: 2245 & Private: 1653)
• 8267 vaccinators & 29,276 session sites have been identified to carry out vaccination.
• Data base of HWCs have been uploaded by districts in Co-WIN Portal.
Cold Chain System preparedness:
• Assessment of cold chain points has been completed and space has been identified for storage of COVID-19 vaccine.
• There is a total of 1222 Cold chain points in the State for safe storage of COVID-19 vaccine.
o One State Vaccine store, 9 Regional vaccine stores, and 32 district vaccine store (including Bhubaneswar & Rourkela) and 1180 cold chain points in PPC / CHC / Block PHC / PHC / Sub-Centers.
Committee formation & meetings status:
• The State steering Committee, State Task Force Committee, District Task Force Committee and Block Task Force Committee has been constituted and notified by the Department. Regular meeting at different levels are being conducted to review the preparedness.
• State and Districts AEFI Committee has been notified and SCB MCH, Cuttack has been notified as State Technical Collaborating Center for AEFI management.
• The State level ToT was conducted for District level programme officers on COVID-19 Operational guideline and all districts have started the training of block programme officers.