New Delhi : North East Rural Livelihood Project (NERLP) was implemented from 2012 till September, 2019. It was implemented in 1,645 villages under 58 development blocks across 11 districts of 4 States of Mizoram (Aizawl and Lunglei districts), Nagaland (Peren and Tuensang districts), Sikkim (South Sikkim and West Sikkim districts) and Tripura (West Tripura, North Tripura, Sepahijala, Khowai and Unakoti districts). The major achievements of the project are as under:
- 10,462 boys and girls were trained in various job-skills;
- 2,92,889 households were covered through formation of 28,154 Self-Help Groups (SHGs) and 1212 Village Federations and formation of 1599 Community Development Groups (CDGs);
- The project released a Community Investment Fund (CIF) of Rs.319.15 crores to 28,154 SHGs;
- A total number of 5535 SHGs availed bank linkage with a total sanctioned bank loan amount of Rs.58.19 crores; and
- 97% of the members of SHGs formed under the project had saving-bank accounts with cumulative savings of Rs.60.51 crores.
The Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region is implementing the Non- Lapsable Central Pool of Resources (NLCPR) Scheme; North East Special Infrastructure Development Scheme (NESIDS); Schemes of NEC (North Eastern Council) and North East Road Sector Development Scheme (NERSDS) in all the eight States of North Eastern region (including all districts of Assam) under which specific projects that are prioritised by the State Governments are being implemented.
This information was given by The Minister for Development of North East Region G. Kishan Reddy in the Lok Sabha in a written reply.