On 4th January 2023, the Union Cabinet approved the National Green Hydrogen Mission with an outlay of ₹ 19,744 crore. The Mission targets a production capacity of 5 Million Metric Tonnes (MMT) per annum by 2030
To achieve these targets, the following components have been announced as part of the Mission:
- Facilitating demand creation through exports and domestic utilization;
- Strategic Interventions for Green Hydrogen Transition (SIGHT) programme, which includes incentives for manufacturing of electrolysers and production of green hydrogen;
- Pilot Projects for steel, mobility, shipping, decentralized energy applications, hydrogen production from biomass, hydrogen storage, etc.;
- Development of Green Hydrogen Hubs;
- Support for infrastructure development;
- Establishing a robust framework of regulations and standards;
- Research & Development programme;
- Skill development programme; and
- Public awareness and outreach programme
This information was given by Shri R.K Singh, Union Minister for Power and New and Renewable Energy in a written reply in Rajya Sabha today.
Comments are closed.