New Delhi : The Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment Sushri Pratima Bhoumik in the Lok sabha in a written reply today the Ministry had constituted National Commission for De-Notified and Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribes (NCDNT) for the period of 3 years from the date of Notification.Government has so far launched following welfare schemes for the benefits to DNTs:
Dr. Ambedkar Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarship for DNTs Boys and Girls.
- Nanaji Deshmukh Scheme of construction of Hostels for DNTs Boys and Girls.
A Development and Welfare Board for De-Notified, Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Communities (DWBDNCs) has been constituted on 21.02.2019 and a Committee has also been set up by the NITI Aayog to complete the process of identification of the De-Notified, Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Communities (DNCs). The survey work of identification of DNT Communities and placing Sthem in a category of SC/ST/OBC is also under process in NITI Ayog and Anthropological Survey of India (AnSI). Also, the Department has approved a specialscheme namely “Scheme for Economic Empowerment of DNT Communities (SEED)” for welfare of this community having following four components:-
- To provide coaching of good quality for DNT candidates to enable them to appear in competitive examinations.
- To provide Health Insurance to them.
- To facilitate livelihood initiative at community level; and
- To provide financial assistance for construction of houses for members of these communities.