New Delhi: A media interaction was organised on 26.09.2017 at NTPC Talcher Kaniha.Shri Ram Kuber, Executive Director,Talcher Kaniha addressed the august media gathering .
Speaking to the media gathering, Shri Kuber said that “Talcher Power Station Kaniha has generated 9258 MU with 84.04% PLF(Plant load factor) against MOU target of 9251 MU (83 % PLF) for the period from Apr-Aug (2017-18).It has generated 5708 ku of Solar power during Apr-Aug (2017-18) compared to 5535 ku during Apr-Aug(2016-17).He shared that NTPC Talcher Kaniha is First station among NTPC stations to go for ISO 50001 Energy Management system (EnMS) certification”
Under Environment Management Initiatives, the power station has completed plantation of 35000 saplings and more 15000 plantation will be completed by end of year. Efforts are taken for ash lifting from dyke for the proposed construction work of Angul -Sambalpur National Highway. In addition, plantation of trees was done on occasion of World Environment Day & Van Mahastov. Awareness programme on fly ash management and usefulness of Fly ash brick are organised from time to time.
Speaking on CSR he shared that Talcher Kaniha has organised various activities during this financial year. The following the key highlights of CSR under taken by the station.
1. NTPC Utkarsh Merit Scholarship was distributed to 38 candidates of station nearby villages. One of the beneficiaries included one B.Tech student who received a scholarship amount of Rs. 90,000/-.Total 2.01 lakhs scholarship was given.
2. Extended support to the fire victims of Dhobani Nanda village of Kantimela Gram Panchayat under Hindol Block.
3. An ambulance was handed over to District Headquarter Hospital, Angul under CSR initiative at Collector Office.The ambulance is equipped with A/c, Stretcher & First AID materials. This is a noble initiative by NTPC Kaniha to strengthen the medical infrastructure facilities of Angul District Hospital.
4. Distributed library books worth 1.5 lakhs to Talcher Autonomous College for the promotion of education.
5. Distribution of Sewing Machines to 40 Rural Women under CSR by NTPC Kaniha was organised under vocational training initiative.
6. A four day Communication Skill Development Programme was organized. Around 90 school children of Bhaneswari High School, Derang and Panchayat High School, Bijigol took part in the communication workshop.
7. NTPC Kaniha has supplied drinking water through tankers to 22 nearby water scarcity villages during summer season. NTPC Kaniha in association with RWS&S is providing drinking water in villages & schools through installation of 69 numbers of bore wells & tube wells. The power station is currently providing drinking water to four villages i.e Rangabeda, Gadasila, Karadei, Kateni through piped drinking supply system. Four more villages (Derang ,Masunihota,Bhuinpur & Takua)will be connected with drinking water supply through this scheme.
8.Training on Advanced Beautician Course for 30 rural women was organised for three months was organised .One month training on Mobile repairing for 20 rural youth was organised.
9.Solar lights & cooking stove under IDES were supplied to total 780 families at Satkosia Wild Life Sanctuary, Angul. Out of which 280 families of Satkosia Wild Life provided with solar lights & cooking stove under IDES during this financial year.
10.NTPC Talcher Kaniha under CSR has installed 36 nos. solar street lights in around 13 nearby villages during August 2017. Around 22,250 villagers of Kaniha block would get benefited from this initiative.
Prior to the press meet an interactive session involving media persons was organized .On the occasion, Dr Mrinal Chatterjee ,Professor & Head of IIMC Dhenkanal gave deliberation on the functioning of media in the present times and spoke on the need of development & narrative journalism. The interactive session was well appreciated by the media persons.
Shri Kuber on this occasion thanked the media gathering for their continuous support and cooperation in highlighting various activities of the power station.
Shri AK Tripathy ,GM(O&M),Shri Niranjan Acharya ,GM (Maintenance ),Shri NS Rao ,GM(TS),Shri K S Sarma ,AGM(HR) Shri S K Rath ,AGM(F&A) Shri S S Pradhan ,AGM(EMG) ,Shri L D Sahoo ,AGM(Ash Utilisation) along with Senior officials were present during the press meet.