Cuttack: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today inaugurated 182 drinking water supply projects and laid foundation for 555 similar schemes. This will give cent per cent pipe water coverage to every street, every habitation and every house of all the 113 urban local bodies (ULBs) of our state.
The Chief Minister also inaugurated six new testing laboratories in six cities of the state. The new testing labs will be functional at Cuttack, Puri, Bhubaneswar, Sambalpur, Rourkela and Baripada.
• Laid foundation for 555 piped water supply projects
• Every urban household to have piped water supply within 2018
• Focus on keeping water sources clean; urged people not to waste water
• Benefits to people in 113 Urban Local Bodies
• Special emphasis on welfare of slum dwellers; land & property rights to be allotted to those living in slums
• Allotment of apartments to slum dwellers has been started
Chief Minister urged everyone to join hands in the efforts towards health & eco-friendly development of urban areas in the state.