New Delhi : The Government has initiated action for development of tourism at the following five Light houses in the state of Odisha on Public-Private Partnership (PPP) mode:-
- Gopalpur Lighthouse – District Ganjam
- Puri Lighthouse – District Puri
- Chandrabhaga Lighthouse – District Puri
- Paradip Lighthouse – District Jagatsinghpur
- False Point Lighthouse – District Kendrapara
The project components for the above Lighthouses have been finalized and necessary clearances from State Coastal Zone Management Authority for Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) clearance and other local bodies have been sought.
Since the above projects are on PPP mode, no fund allocation is envisaged.
This information was given by Union Minister for Ports, Shipping and Waterways Sarbananda Sonowal in a written reply in Rajya Sabha today.