Bhubaneswar: The Central University of Odisha is going to conduct Terminal Semester End-Term Examination in Offline mode in a phased manner from July 6 to July 27 in the current academic year by following all the Standard Operating Procedure of COVID 19. A decision to this effect has been taken in a meeting today under the chairmanship of Prof. I. Ramabrahmam, Vice-Chancellor of the University. Prof. Asit Das, Registrar; Prof. P. Durgaprasad and Prof. Hemraj Meena, Visiting Professors; Dr. Jayant Kumar Nayak, Controller of Examinations, Prof. S. K. Palita, Dean, SBCNR; Sh. K. Kosala Rao, Finance Officer; Dr. Phagunath Bhoi, PRO; all Head(s) of the departments, regular faculty and all the Officers were present.
The Vice-Chancellor urged the students, teachers and employees of the University to follow the guidelines during the examination. Concerned about the student welfare, he asked the faculty to counsel them even while reassuring them of the needed medical and infrastructural services during the examinations. He also offered them extended library timings for preparation during the examinations. Empathy for the young students should be a shared sentiment by all, he urged. Personal touch is the priority, he concluded.
The first phase of the examination will be held from July 6 to July 11 for department of Anthropology, Biodiversity and Conservation of Natural Resources, Journalism and Mass Communication, Odia, Sanskrit and Hindi. Second phase examination will be conducted from July 14 to July 20 for MBA, , B.Ed., Economics and Statistics and third phase from July 23 to July 27 for BCA, Mathematics, Sociology and English, said the Controller of Examinations.
Taking into consideration of the ongoing COVID 19 scenario the following important decisions were taken;
1. All Heads of the Departments will prepare the final exam time-table mentioning the course code, exam starting time duration, etc for better understanding of the students. This will be available in the University website. They are also requested to send the time table to their respective students and inform them accordingly.
2. All the examinations will be conducted at the University main campus, Sunabeda. Only practical examination and Viva-Voce will be conducted at the respective departments. Keeping in view the social distancing SOP, the examinations seating arrangement will be made.
3. All students must use face mask and wash their hands frequently with soap or use sanitizer. Ideally, students should go through their health check-up before coming to University.
4. All students must download the Aarogya Setu App in their mobile and follow the Govt. of India as well as Govt. of Odisha guidelines regarding lockdown situation and must maintain social distancing while travelling as well as in the campus.
5. Sanitizing of the campus, especially academic departments, library, and hostels will be made before and after every phase of examination.
6. The University shall provide the bus services in its old route (Jeypore, Koraput, and Semiliguda) during exam days.
7. Centralised mess arrangement will be made for the boarders by the University and students have to pay for food accordingly. University canteen will remain open during the day time.
8. Everyday doctor and ambulance will be available in the campus for emergency health services.
9. A steering Committee was constituted to coordinate all the examination related matters
10. Hostel Boarders whose examination is in 1st Phase shall reach the University campus by July 5 and leave the University campus by July 12, 2020. For second phase examination, the boarders shall reach the University campus on July 12 or July 13 and leave the campus by July 21, 2020 and for third phase boarders shall reach on July 21 or July 22 and leave the campus by July 28, 2020.
11. Information related to examination will be updated regularly in the University website for the larger public Interest.
12. Students are requested to follow the Standard Operating Procedure and contact their respective HoDs for further advisories.