Bhubaneswar: Chief Minister Shri Naveen Patnaik reviewed drinking water supply in urban areas in the state and directed 100% piped water supply coverage of households in the cities and towns by March 2019. The entire 70 lakh urban population should have piped water supply within the defined date.
Highlights of the review:
• ₹2,700 crore piped water supply projects being implemented in cities and towns
• Progress of four mega water projects worth over ₹1,089 crore is satisfactory
• Improvement of water supply to Greater Berhampur will be completed by November 2018
• ₹318 crore projects for Baripada, Sambalpur, Rourkela and Jharsuguda
• ₹228 crore projects for Brajarajnagar and Belpahar
• ₹114 crore projects for Rajgangpur, Sundargarh and Biramitrapur
• All to be completed by March 2019
• Water supply to IIT Bhubaneswar and NISER Bhubaneswar by March 2018
Chief Minister Shri Patnaik stressed top priority to water scarcity regions and directed ensuring completion of water supply projects in those before the onset of summer this year.