New Delhi: According to the National Weather Forecasting Centre of the India Meteorological Department:
Wind Pattern and Ventilation Index Forecast
Air mass inflow forecast in Delhi along with predicted ventilation coefficient and weather forecast is as follows:
- The air quality over Delhi-NCT is likely to remain in Moderate category on 06.06.2021 and 07.06.2021. The air quality is likely to deteriorate and crossover from Moderate to Poor category on 08.06.2021. The predominant pollutant will be PM10. The strong surface winds are favorable for raising dust locally and transport of dust from nearby region. The Outlook for subsequent 5 Days: The air quality is likely to remain in Moderate to Poor category.
- The predominant surface wind is likely to be coming from Southwest directions of Delhi with wind speed 10-16 kmph and partly cloudy sky with possibility of very light rain/drizzle on 06.06.2021. The predominant surface wind is likely to be coming from Northwest/West directions of Delhi with wind speed 16-28 kmph and partly cloudy sky with possibility of very light rain/drizzle on 07.06.2021. The predominant surface wind is likely to be coming from West directions of Delhi with wind speed upto 28 kmph, mainly clear sky and strong surface winds (speed 25-35 kmph) during the day on 08.06.2021.
- Predicted maximum mixing depth is likely to be approx 3500 m on 06.06.2021 and 4100 m on 07.06.2021 and 4000 m on 08.06.2021 over Delhi. Maximum Ventilation index is likely to be approx 23000 m2/s on 06.06.2021 and 33000 m2/s on 07.06.2021and 46000 m2/s on 08.06.2021. The ventilation index lower than 6000 m2/s with average wind speed less than 10 kmph is unfavorable for dispersion of pollutants.
- The strong surface winds are favorable for raising dust locally and transport of dust from nearby region, thereby making PM10 predominant pollutant.
- Detailed forecast analysis and verification can be seen at https://ews.tropmet.res.in.
(Please CLICK HERE for details & graphics)
Kindly download MAUSAM APP for location specific forecast & warning, MEGHDOOT APP for Agromet advisory and DAMINI APP for Lightning Warning & visit state MC/RMC websites for district wise warning.