New Delhi : The COVID-19 epidemic has temporarily affected various sectors including Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises in the country. Economic activity contracted due to the strict lockdown measures imposed by the Government. This contraction has also had impact on the MSME sector.
The Ministry of MSME implements various schemes and programmes for growth and development of MSME Sector in the country. These schemes and programmes include Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP), Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries (SFURTI), A Scheme for Promoting Innovation, Rural Industry & Entrepreneurship (ASPIRE), Interest Subvention Scheme for Incremental Credit to MSMEs, Credit Guarantee Scheme for Micro and Small Enterprises, Micro and Small Enterprises Cluster Development Programme (MSE-CDP), Credit Linked Capital Subsidy and Technology Upgradation Scheme (CLCS-TUS). Achievements under some of them are:
- Achievements regarding Credit Guarantee Scheme during 2019-20 to 2021-22
|Financial Year||No. of Credit Facilities Approved||Amount of Guarantees Approved
(Rs in crore)
*Till June 2021 Source: CGTMSE
- The performance of the PMEGP during the last three years are:
|Year||Margin Money Disbursed (Rs. Crore)||Micro units assisted (Number)||Estimated Employment Generated (Number)|
*upto 30.06.2021 Source: KVIC
- A brief performance of Emergency Credit Guarantee Line Scheme (ECLGS) as on 02.07.2021 is as under:
|Type of Borrower||Guarantee
(Amt. In crore)
|Other Business Enterprises||5,16,680||82,906.96|
- No. of Projects approved under Infrastructure Development (ID) and Common Facility Centres (CFC) under Cluster Development Programme:
|Year||Projects Approved||Projects completed|
|Common Facility Centres (CFC) – Final Approval||Infrastructure Development Centres (ID) – Final Approval||Total (Final Approval)||Common Facility Centres (CFC)||Infrastructure Development Centres (ID)||Total|
- An online Portal “Champions” has been launched on 01.06.2020 by Prime Minister. This covers many aspects of e-governance including grievance redressal and handholding of MSMEs. Through the portal, total 36,373 grievances have been redressed upto 01.08.2021.
This information was given by Union Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Narayan Rane in a written reply in Rajya Sabha today.