Bhubaneswar: Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched the UNNATI programme for bringing all-round inclusive development of urban areas by synergizing resources and providing critical gap funding.
He presided signing of MoU between Housing and Urban Development Department and Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) for implementation of LED street lighting in 107 urban local bodies in state.
Highlights of his address on the occasion
• Govt decided to provide 100% piped water supply & LED lighting in all street & wards in all urban areas
• Total 1.12 lakh street lights to be replaced in 1 year
• Energy savings to tune of 35.97 million units, monetary saving Rs 26.97 crore
• Budget provision of Rs 4492 crore for this year has grown 16 times since 2001-02
• Pro-people programmes have resulted in steepest decline in urban poverty
• Urban poverty down from 37.6% in 2004-05 to 17.3% in 2011-12
• 3Ts-Teamwork, Technology & Transparency being effectively used by HUD Dept
• Use of Social Media for enhancing citizen connect
Patnaik congratulated HUD Department for 2nd rank in implementation of AMRUT Reforms and asked urban local bodies to be sincere in implementation of pro-people programmes of the Government.