Bhubaneswar: Odisha Govt announces complete lock down of the state from today. Entire Odisha (all 30 districts) will be under lockdown from Tuesday midnight till March 29th midnight to contain COVID19 . This is announced by the Odisha govt’s COVID19 Spokesperson Subroto Bagchi to media.
Government of Odisha has declared total lock down in all the districts of the state from 24th March midnight till 29th midnight, said Sri Subroto Bagchi, Chief Spokesperson of Govt. of Odisha on COVID-19. While briefing media today Sri Bagchi said that Government has taken proactive steps to contain outbreak of COVID-19.
• In the 1st phase Government of Odisha had declared total lock down in 5 coastal districts on 21st March, keeping in view the number of foreign returnees to these districts.
• Further Government declared another 9 districts to be included in total lock down.
• Today Government has taken an important decision and declared that all the districts of state shall be included under complete lock down from midnight today till midnight of 29th March.
• A Video conference has been taken today by the Chief Secretary with all the Collectors and the Collectors have been instructed to take immediate necessary steps to ensure lock down.
• Hostels under ST & SC Development Department have been closed and the inmates shall be handed over to their parents/guardians with their scholarship money. District Collectors have been instructed to monitor their safe return.
• Essential services such as hospitals, clinics, patholabs, medicine stores shall remain open while police, health, electricity, water supply, municipal service and agencies working for COVID-19 shall continue during the lock down period.
• Banks, ATMs and the petrol pumps shall remain open during the period. Banks have been told to manage offices with 10% employees with guidance of the Collector. Banks have already been instructed to maintain enough cash in their ATMs.
• Shops dealing with fruit, milk, bread, biscuits, bakery, grocery, vegetables, fish, meat will remain open. Milk booths (without tea, coffee and other beverages) shall also remain open.
• It is requested that only one member of a family should go out to nearest shop in order to fetch minimum essential commodities once in a day and without a vehicle.