Sambalpur: Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today inaugurated Odisha’s second planetarium in Sambalpur which is named after former President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam.
The planetarium has a capacity of 170 to 180 visitors and was constructed by IDCO at a cost of worth Rs 5.60 crore.
The planetarium has been set up with a purpose to create awareness on solar science and astrology among the students of Western Odisha.
School and Mass Education Minister, Badri Narayan Patra informed that three more planetariums will also be set up in Odisha, one each at Baripada, Gopalpur and Rayagada.
During his visit to Sambalpur Chief Minister Shri Naveen Patnaik inaugurated and laid foundation for various projects in Sambalpur district:
• Various educational facilities in VIMSAR including Pediatric Care Centre
• Improved communication in Sambalpur through 10 new City Buses
• Durgapalli bridge, city beautification and road modernisation projects
• Modern swimming complex at Modipada
• City beautification and road modernisation projects
• Bridge over Dhobijor Nalla, blood bank facility, RTO Office & circuit house
• Hostel at Netaji Subhash Bose College
• Eco-Park & bus stand at Kuchinda
He laid emphasis on all-encompassing development in the district and reiterated State Government’s commitment towards welfare of the people of the state.