Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Cabinet today hold a meeting afternoon to discuss over 20 proposals chaired by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik. The cabinet today approved 19 proposals, approves revised GST rates.
Major decisions taken during the meeting:
– Cabinet approved the tender, which will enable starting of construction work of the medical college in tribal dominated Keonjhar district immediately. This work of about Rs. 314 cr will fulfill the promise of functional medical college in Keonjhar.
– Development of drinking water supply infrastructure in Baripada, Sambalpur, Rourkela and Jharsuguda will ensure adequate and safe drinking water for over 13.92 lakh population in these cities. Tender approved for Rs. 318 cr, which will enhance quality of urban life in Odisha.
– Establishment of Council for Higher Education will ensuring quality of higher education and promote research in the state
– Special legislation for regulation of fishing & sustainable management of fishery resources in Chilika lake. It will not only enhance livelihood options for the fishermen and lake-dependent people
but also protect the sensitive ecology of the lake.
– Reduction of VAT on Aviation Turbine Fuel (ATF) to 1% will give a huge boost to regional air connectivity, linking various possible places of Odisha more efficiently.
Chief Minister Shri Naveen Patnaik reiterated commitment to all-round development of the state and people.