New Delhi : Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVIC), under the Ministry of MSME, has launched two new products- Khadi babywear and handmade paper ‘Use and Throw’ Slippers on 15.07.2021.
it is true that the Khadi handmade paper ‘Use and Throw’ Slippers have been developed by Khadi & Village Industries (KVI) with the objective of supporting handmade paper industry, strengthening traditional art and creating sustainable employment for artisans. These slippers use thick handmade paper board and soft handmade paper as raw material and hence creates a new line of product which will not only increase the consumption of handmade paper but will also create sustainable employment for handmade paper industry artisans.
One handmade paper ‘Use and Throw’ Slippers fabrication unit of the capacity of 500 pairs per day employs 20 persons per day for cutting, pasting, packaging and logistics.
Manufacturing of 500 handmade paper ‘Use and Throw’ Slippers require 225 sheets of handmade paper. This further creates employment for 9 persons per day in producing handmade paper industry.
The salient features of Khadi babywear and handmade paper ‘Use and Throw’ Slippers are given below:-
Salient features of Khadi Babywear:-
- KVIC has introduced Babywear for the first time for the age group of new-born and upto 2 years.
- Khadi babywear is made of high quality hand-spun and hand-woven Khadi Cotton fabric.
- The fabric is eco-friendly and made using natural fibres to suit the sensitive skin of new born babies.
- The fabric is free from any chemical treatment and harmful dyes to prevent babies from any skin irritation.
- Fabric used in Khadi babywear is breathable and skin friendly.
- The idea behind introducing babywear is to further diversify the product range for more consumption of Khadi fabric and ultimately creating more income for Khadi Artisans.
Salient features of Handmade Paper ‘Use and Throw’ Slippers:-
- Khadi handmade paper ‘Use and Throw’ Slippers have been developed for the first time in the country.
- Khadi handmade paper ‘Use and Throw’ Slippers are made of fine-textured handmade paper and are 100% eco-friendly and cost-effective.
- Suitable for travel and indoor usage like in homes, hotels, hospitals, places of worship, laboratories, etc.
- Hygienic from pandemic point of view.
- Available in two types- flip flop and slip-on.
This information was given by Union Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Narayan Rane in a written reply in Rajya Sabha today.