New Delhi: ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel, and HMEL donate INR 100 Crores PM-CARES .
Statement from Mr. Lakshmi N. Mittal
– To donate INR 100 Crores to Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situation Fund (PM-CARES]-
COVID-19 is having significant repercussions for people in every continent of the planet. No country will be immune and for those like India, with a vast population and at a critical point in its development, the impact could be very serious.
Collaboration in times like these is critical. Governments, companies and citizens must therefore work together to pool their resources, to ensure every action is taken to combat the pandemic as swiftly as possible.
AM/NS India, a joint venture between ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel, and HMEL, a partnership between Hindustan Petroleum and Mittal Energy Investments, today announce a package of support to strengthen India’s capacity to protect families and communities impacted by the virus.
Both our operations in India commit equally to a total of INR 100 Crores to Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situation Fund (PM-CARES] for the ongoing relief efforts countrywide. Additionally our operations are contributing through:
• Supporting daily meals of over 5,000 as well as providing food kits to more than 30,000 people
• Augmenting ambulance services and preparing care centres in location close to our production facilities
• Sharing knowledge on preventive measures and providing sanitation kits and PPE in the communities we operate.
• All employees will continue to receive a salary for their work during this period
All over the world individuals, organisations and companies are offering their services. I am pleased that our companies can play a small role in assisting with this. The ingenuity of mankind is considerable and I am convinced, if we all work together with urgency we will succeed. Citizens across India have shown extraordinary dedication, bravery and compassion in this moment of singular crisis and they deserve our support and the gratitude of the nation.