India has notified the National Designated Authority for the Implementation of the Paris Agreement (NDAIAPA) vide Gazetted Notification dated 30.05.2022 The Authority is mandated inter-alia to take decisions in regard to the type of projects that may take part in international carbon market under Article 6 mechanisms.
This is in the backdrop of the Paris Agreement Rulebook being finalized in respect of Article 6 which focuses on carbon trading through bilateral/cooperative approaches and international market mechanisms. India has taken steps mandated on the Host Party/Country.
Following list of activities has been finalized to be considered for trading of carbon credits under bilateral/ cooperative approaches under Article 6.2 mechanism.
I.GHG Mitigation Activities:
- Renewable energy with storage (only stored component)
- Solar thermal power
- Off- shore wind
- Green Hydrogen
- Compressed bio-gas
- Emerging mobility solutions like fuel cells
- High end technology for energy efficiency
- Sustainable Aviation Fuel
- Best available technologies for process improvement in hard to abate sectors
- Tidal energy, Ocean Thermal Energy, Ocean Salt Gradient Energy, Ocean Wave Energy and Ocean Current Energy
- High Voltage Direct Current Transmission in conjunction with the renewal energy projects
12. Green Ammonia
13. Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage
These activities will facilitate adoption/transfer of emerging technologies and may be used to mobilise international finance in India. The activities will initially be for first 03 years and may be updated/revised by NADAIPA.
Comments are closed.