Technology has made a massive impact on our lives. Everything we do now is backed by technology in one way or the other. The education sector is no different. In recent years, changes of small as well as large magnitude have been witnessed by the industry. The traditional ways of teaching are becoming unpopular, giving space to newer ways of teaching and learning that include online courses. Additionally, the younger generation, also known as the millennials, are inclined towards learning online. Nowadays, many websites offer online courses in a wide range of subjects. UpGrad is one such website that provides numerous courses online. Millennials prefer these online degree courses in India rather than pursuing them in the traditional brick-and-mortar institutes. These courses offer quite a lot of advantages over the old ways of teaching. They are as follows:
- An updated and informative study material
- Flexible scheduling system
- A competent faculty
- Forming better connections
- Cloud-based storage of study materials
- Access to specialised degree courses
- Updated and informative study material: Most of the traditional institutions have a syllabus-based course that has not been updated for years. As a result, the students cannot relate to the study material as the examples and data present in the textbooks haven’t been revised. Online courses, on the other hand, offer study materials that are updated at a regular interval. Furthermore, these websites provide content which is informative and to-the-point. Therefore, students receive the best knowledge they can possibly get. This helps them to develop a proper understanding of the subject.
- Flexible scheduling system: Colleges have a fixed schedule. Students enrolling there must work around the schedule set by the institute. This can cause a lot of problems for someone who is working and pursuing an education at the same time. Online degree courses in India, however, are available at any hour of the day. These courses are offered as video clippings that students can access from the comfort of their homes. It gives them the flexibility to schedule their day with more freedom.
- Competent faculty: Most online courses have a faculty that is highly experienced in their respective fields of study. In addition to that, many of them have won several awards and accolades as well. They guide the students through the entire course and help them to get a sound knowledge of the subject they are studying. Many traditional institutes have to stick to the syllabus set by the universities and teach accordingly. This can hamper your interest in studying if you are very inclined towards learning and gaining in-depth knowledge.
- Budget-friendly: Most of the traditional institutes charge a considerable sum of money as tuition fee. Furthermore, students need to be physically present at the institute. This, in turn, incurs the added cost of logistics. With online courses, however, students can take them from the comfort of their homes. Therefore, they do not need to spend money on logistics. The tuition fees are also minimal in online courses. One can also find many courses that are even offered free of cost. It is especially useful for students who come from a weak financial background.
- Forming better connections: Online degree courses in India are open to all, irrespective of their nationality. Therefore, thousands of people from across the world can enrol in them. Students have a much higher chance of connecting with like-minded people that have the same interests as their own. These connections can also help in getting work opportunities such as internships and projects. Traditional institutes mostly have students that come from the same region, decreasing the exposure to people of different ideas and thoughts.
- Cloud-based storage of study materials: Traditional institutes have paper-based study material which can be lost be easily. Students can face a lot of difficulties in case they lose their study material. But online courses keep all their data in a cloud-based storage. Therefore, students can access the study material from anywhere in the world whenever they wish to. It gives them a much-needed convenience, making it a major reason why millennials choose online degree courses in India over the age-old traditional ones.
- Access to specialised degree courses: Many traditional institutes, especially in smaller cities, offer a minimal number of courses. This compels students to choose a course among the available ones instead of the one they would like to study. On the other hand, online courses offer a plethora of courses to choose from. Students from any geographical location can access them. This allows them to choose a course they actually want to pursue, instead of having limited options.
Online degree courses in India have gained massive popularity over the years. With this new way of learning, students can now control the environment in which they learn. This, in turn, allows them to achieve a better knowledge and understanding of the subject. These courses have brought quality education closer to many students and bridged the gap between students and quality education. Students are now enabled to mold their education in a way that is suitable to them and not the other way around. These courses also allow them to finish a degree that many students have to leave at some point in their lives due to financial or personal reasons.