The Union Minister of State for Heavy Industries, Krishan Pal Gurjar in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today informed that in order to promote adoption of hybrid and electric vehicles in the country, the Government launched the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India (FAME India) Scheme since 2015. Presently, Phase-II of FAME India Scheme is being implemented for a period of 5 years w.e.f. 01st April, 2019 with a total budgetary support of Rs. 10,000 crores.
Further, following steps have been taken by the Government for adoption of hybrid and electric vehicles in the country:
- The Government on 12th May, 2021 approved a Production Linked Incentive (PLI) scheme for manufacturing of Advanced Chemistry Cell (ACC) in the country in order to bring down prices of battery in the country.
- Electric Vehicles are covered under Production Linked Incentive (PLI) scheme for Automobile and Auto Components, which was approved on 15th September, 2021 with a budgetary outlay of Rs. 25,938 crore for a period of five years.
- GST on electric vehicles has been reduced from 12% to 5%; GST on chargers/ charging stations for electric vehicles has been reduced from 18% to 5%.
- Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) announced that battery-operated vehicles will be given green license plates and be exempted from permit requirements.
- MoRTH issued a notification advising states to waive road tax on EVs, which in turn will help reduce the initial cost of EVs.
As per the e-vahan portal (Ministry of Road Transport and Highways), the details of personal vehicles which are hybrid or electric and are currently use in the country, State-wise including the State of Gujarat is below.
|Sl. No.||State Name||Fuel Type||Grand Total|
|1||Andaman & Nicobar Island||87||0||56||143|
|13||Jammu and Kashmir||3,637||1,202||3,198||8,037|
|31||UT of DNH and DD||195||328||894||1,417|
1. Andhra Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh are in the process of migrating to Vahan and the data shown above is only partial, as available in Vahan DB.
2. Further, Telangana and Lakshadweep data are not available in Online Vahan DB and hence not provided.
Comments are closed.