Bhubaneswar: Odisha Tourism as part of its Tourism Investment sectoral session at the Make in Odisha Conclave 2018 has received some major key investment intentions.
Shri. Vishal Dev IAS, Commissioner-cum-Secretary, Department of Tourism, Government of Odisha said: “Odisha is growing by leaps and bounds in every sector. I am glad major companies are recognising the potential present here. Tourism being one of the six focus sectors of the state, we are bolstering our efforts in developing infrastructure and are totally committed in providing every support these companies need to build their properties here.”
· Among key investment intents announced, Mayfair Hotels’ has listed out few projects for investment.
They have proposed a Mayfair Convention Centre and 250 rooms in Bhubaneswar. The investment intention for the same has been quoted as approximately INR 300 Crore.
The group also expressed its intent to invest in Mayfair Bungalows and plan to invest INR 100 crore for the same.
They have further proposed a Mayfair Chilika Golf Resort at Satapada which will boast of having a 100 rooms luxury resort with a modern gold course having all support facilities. The investment intent given for the same is approximately INR 125 crore.
· IntelliStay Hotels, which operates the Mango brand chain, in collaboration with the Grand Mark Infrastructures, reaffirmed its plan to set up two star category hotels catering to MICE tourism with 250 keys and 55 keys at Bhubaneswar and Konark respectively, besides eco-resorts at select locations in the state. The total investment being mooted is approximately INR 100 crore.
· In a boost to the capital city’s luxury hotel infrastructure, Welcome Hotels brand chain of the ITC group, Vivanta by Taj and Ramada chain of Wyndham Hotels, all hope to start welcoming guests later next year.
· Taj Hotels of the Tata Group also plans to invest in a property at Kalinganagar, Jajpur, under it Ginger brand.
· The Lemon Tree Group plans to invest in a luxury hotel in Bhubaneswar.
· Kamat Hotels, which operates properties in Bhubaneswar, Puri and Konark, intends to expand its presence in Odisha by building three new properties, besides exploring opportunities to manage ecotourism properties run by the Forest & Environment Department of the state.
· Kabani Tours has expressed its intent to promote community tourism products such as homestays, camp sites, etc. and special projects in heritage walks in the state, besides its plan to invest in training programmes.
· Lodging Real Estate firm SAMHI hotels has also expressed its intent to invest in developing brownfield projects in Bhubaneswar.