Bhubaneswar: Special Relief Commissioner (SRC) Bishnupada Sethi on Thursday issued guidelines to the district Collectors on allocation of assistance for crop loss due to pest attack in the State.
Cooperation Minister Surjya Narayan Patro informed that sharecroppers will be provided with compensation and they can get loans from cooperative banks. He informed that loan will be provided if more than five sharecroppers form a group and apply for the loans.
Patro also informed that the State Government had brought amendment in the relief code to provide compensation to the farmers. Actual farmers will be provided compensation for crop loss due to drought and pest attack, he said.
All farmers including sharecroppers affected by pest attack would be provided with #agriculture input subsidy.
The State Government will distribute agriculture input subsidy and has acknowledged the role of sharecroppers for the first time in the farm sector.
Special Relief Commissioner #Bishnupada Sethi on Thursday instructed in this regard detailing the modalities. They are as follows:
1. Agriculture input subsidy will be paid to the actual cultivators including the sharecroppers/ lessees based on field enquiry and verification.
2. Similar procedure shall be followed in case of deity land under cultivation by sharecroppers/ lessees.
3. In case of other privileged rayats like widows and differently-abled persons, agriculture input subsidy shall be paid to the rayats.
4. In respect of land allotted under Forest Rights Act for which the title has been issued, the cultivators shall be enumerated for payment of agriculture input subsidy.
5. Government land under unauthorised occupation/ encroachment shall not be taken into consideration for enumeration for payment of the input subsidy.
6. All payments of agriculture input subsidy shall be made through e-transfer to the bank/ postal accounts of the beneficiaries.