Bhubaneswar: Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik reviewed implementation of development & welfare programs in the districts, based on reports submitted by senior Government officials. Additional Chief Secretary, Principal Secretaries & Commissioner Cum Secretaries had submitted reports following field visits to the districts.
He discussed grassroot-level development with the officials & directed
Priority to the following issues:
• Repair and maintenance of school & classroom buildings along with power supply to them; construction of hostels in Adarsha Vidyalayas
• Cluster borewells for irrigation
• Digital dispensaries in all districts on the lines of Nabarangpur
• Piped water supply in municipal areas of Jharsuguda, Brajarajnagar and Belpahad in Jharsuguda district
• Beneficiaries under MGNREGA scheme with minimum of 90 days work to be covered under Niraman Shramik Yojana and enlisted for social security benefits
• Major drinking water supply projects on rivers Budhabalanga and Subarnarekha are being taken up to tackle salinity problem in Bhogarai, Balaipal, Jaleswar, Bahanaga, Soro and Balasore Sadar blocks of Balasore district.
The Chief Minister directed all officials to constantly monitor programme implementation in the districts and ensure development reaches people in the last mile.