Bhubaneswar: Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik inaugurated ‘She Means Business’ workshop on empowering women by imparting digital marketing skills, jointly organized by MSME Department and Mission Shakti. Excerpts from his address at the event:
• 3Ts of technology, teamwork and transparency will help bring transformation in lives of people in the state
• Partnership with Facebook for reducing digital divide and empowering 25,000 women entrepreneurs & SHG over next 1 year
• State Government’s vision of women empowerment is holistic -women are equal partners in homes and in public sphere
• Started in 2001, Mission Shakti Odisha has empowered 50 lakh women in the state
• Focus on inclusive and equitable growth through training and human resources management under #SkilledInOdisha
He congratulated MSME Department, Government of Odisha, Mission Shakti and Facebook for the joint initiative and stated that the partnership will empower communities and become a pioneering model in the country.