Bhubaneswar: Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik announced three landmark initiatives towards Universal Health Coverage in the state. The Biju Swasthya Kalyana Yojana (BSKY) will ensure health assurance for more than 3.5 crore people with entire cost borne by the State Government.
Highlights of the programmes:
• BSKY will provide ₹5lakh cashless cover per family per year
• Over 70 lakh families to benefit
• All services at Government hospitals from district to sub-centre level free of cost
• Drop Back assistance of ₹500 for pregnant women and sick infants visiting hospitals
• Will benefit over 6.5 lakh women & infants annually
Chief Minister Shri Naveen Patnaik said, these programmes will be implemented from 15 August, 2018. These are additions to the Government’s constant endeavor to ensure that each and every person in the state has access to best quality healthcare and avails all services free of cost.