Bhubaneswar: Odisha Cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik took various key decisions with focus on youth empowerment, public health, promotion of Odia language, drinking water and infrastructure development. Key decisions taken:
• 8000 ‘Biju Yuva Vahini’ under Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Yojana to be formed in 6800 Panchayats & 113 Urban Local Bodies for nurturing leadership & volunteerism, promotion of sports & sportsmanship and healthy living among youths
• Odia signage made mandatory, all shops and establishments to change sign boards within 1 month. Web portal being created for monitoring the display of such signboards.
• Approval of Universal Eye Health Programme, Odisha for ₹682 crore for five years; will provide free eye care across the state by addition of more Modular Eye OTs, Mobile Eye Vans & Ophthalmic Eye Surgeons
• Approval for Free Diagnostic Scheme NIDAAN and Free Dialysis Service SAHAY at public health facilities at cost of ₹596.28 crore
• Universal coverage of water supply by 2018-19; 545 new projects to be undertaken at cost of ₹345Cr, 206 ongoing projects to be completed at cost of ₹303Cr. User end metering implementation at ₹345Cr.
• BASUDHA for piped water supply in rural areas with proposed outlay of ₹1000Cr in 2018-19; focus on access to safe drinking water, increasing minimum supply of water, promoting water quality, empowering community for ownership of water assets & renewable energy intervention
• Strengthening of ancillary services in public health facilities like cleanliness, laundry & linen, security services, liftman services for new Mother & Child Wings & new DHH buildings in 1814 health institutions
• Remission of full stamp duty on Indemnity Bonds; depositors can now submit bond on plain paper
• High Level Bridge over River Mahanadi at Gopinathpur, connecting Singhanathpitha and Baideswar in Cuttack district
• Odia Virtual Academy will now be under Electronics & IT Department, instead of erstwhile Tourism & Culture Department
Chief Minister Patnaik reiterated State Government commitment towards all-round development and welfare of the people of Odisha.